Age is Just a Number Not a Definition

As I near fifty-five, I really don't think about my age but more blown away by how fast time has gone.  I can remember my parents being this age and never imagined I would be in the exact same spot - weird.

As I get older and wiser, I really appreciate the gift of time and soak in every moment. In a blink, sixty will be here and I don't want to miss a thing! 

What I really feel about age is that it's just a number and not a definition of my health and fitness. I do care about my health, how I feel, and how I look but that has absolutely nothing to do with a number.

Aging doesn't mean to throw in the towel and subscribe to some sort of frumpy and old nonsense. 


Fitness Slows the Aging Process

Life is about quality and keeping my body functioning in a healthy way at every age. I want to to feel my best each day and that means taking care of myself. Staying healthy just so happens to slow down the aging process. True story.

Maintaining fitness at every age includes doing things consistently. I enjoy eating healthy food, exercise regularly, and drink plenty of water. I have noticed I require more rest and recovery post workout. I accept that it's just part of the plan for me and maintaining my best self.

To be honest, there are some days I feel every bit over fifty when my neck flares up or my back hurts. These are days I take special care to relax more, stretch more, and not push so hard.

I believe you take on a whole new appreciation of your body with age. I am more in tune, not extreme, and just simple and healthy. It's a great fit place to be.

Fitness Starts in Your Mind

It does feel great to be healthy and show that outwardly, but fitness really begins in your mind. How you feel about yourself plays a large role in your ability to get fit and be a truly healthy person.

My goal is to be happy in life as well as healthy. I have put plenty of effort over the years into fixing the unhealthy mental clutter that once plagued my life. If I left my internal negative stuff unchecked, life would be pretty miserable and far from healthy. 

I don't care how fabulous anyone looks, you can't live a positive life in a negative mind. This is true for every age. It's like someone having all the money in the world and being completely unhappy and unfulfilled. Is that person really rich - no way. In my opinion, health and happiness go hand in hand. 

Aging is a Privilege

I consider getting older an honor and a privilege and will never be ashamed to share my age. I am proud to be me.

I have lived a journey full of good and bad, and consider every circumstance a positive growth opportunity. Everything has happened in my life to mold and create an older and healthier version of me.

I have been broken at times only to become stronger and better. Just like a muscle that gets torn down during a workout only to gain in strength. Life continues to be a work in progress and those challenging situations may not always feel good but can produce amazing positive growth. 


Aging is a Blessing

I am so blessed with how my life has turned out and continues to be amazing. Aging is just a part of this process that allows more time to keep working on living my best life. 

This includes being married to my best friend, having such amazing kids, wonderful family, friends, and good health. Living a healthy lifestyle and nourishing my soul daily is a beautiful place to be. 

I live by how I feel - young. I may have a few battle scars from surgeries, stretch marks, laugh lines, and forehead wrinkles but consider it all a gift. It doesn't change who I am inside.

I don't panic about aging and disagree with all the false beliefs about getting older. Nothing needs fixing, injecting, or to be hidden. I embrace everything about my age.


So bring on healthy aging because it's nothing but happiness, youthful, sexiness, and over the top amazing.


Thanks for stopping by my Blog. Remember to subscribe and never miss a free update.

LEAVE A COMMENT