Thursday, 19 August 2021

Today is my papa's 78th birthday. I still remember very vividly celebrating his 60th birthday with him in Ipoh when I was heavily pregnant with Alycia.  And in a blink of an eye, Alycia will be 18 years old this December and papa is now 78!  

Where did the time go?! 18 years is a very long time - almost 2 decades but time just flew past us without us even realizing us.

I ordered a customized special birthday gift basket with balloon craft from a good friend staying in Ipoh to be personally delivered to papa.  The gift basket has some of papa's favorite food items -- Häagen-Dazs macadamia nut ice-cream, Magnum Gold almond ice-cream, Nescafe Gold and two slices of cake from Secret Recipe.

This good friend is my brother's ex-girlfriend and till this date, she is still very close to my mom and me.



I'd like to wish my papa a very happy 78th birthday. May God bless you with many more happy years ahead and I pray that we will be able to reunite very soon. The last time I met my parents and brothers was in February last year during Chinese New Year.   It's almost two years we have not met in person, except for video calls.