Grilling and Air Frying: The Ultimate Kitchen Duo

One of the main reasons I love grilling and air frying is that the taste is on par with pan or wok-fried dishes, minus the hassle of dealing with excess oil and oil splatters. The convenience factor cannot be overstated - my trusty oven and air fryer have become my kitchen companions, saving me time and effort while still producing mouth-watering meals.

Lately, I've been contemplating upgrading to a bigger capacity air fryer or even a dual-drawer air fryer to make my cooking process quicker and more efficient. However, I also realize the importance of utilizing all my kitchen equipment, including my under-used Philips pressure cooker.  As Sherilyn dug out the pressure cooker to cook porridge last week and it’s now sitting conveniently on the kitchen counter, today I used it to cook Mediterranean chicken stew.

Speaking of under-utilized gems in my kitchen, the Thermomix has been patiently waiting for its time to shine. Despite its reputation as a versatile kitchen helper, I confess that I have yet to fully grasp its potential. Perhaps one day I will learn to master its functions and explore the culinary possibilities it offers.

As I dream of future additions to my kitchen arsenal, an induction cooker stands out as something nice to have. The allure of safer, healthier, faster, and more efficient cooking compared to traditional gas or electric stoves is undeniable. Here's hoping that my wish for an induction cooker will soon become a reality.


License to grill - my one-tray grill for the girls.  Each tray is composed of chicken chop, shimeji mushroom, bell pepper, and lots of chopped onion and garlic.


No meat grill for Cass and me.




Oven-grilled garlic and herbs butterflied prawns.


One-tray grill of chicken chop and veggies for everyone.


I finally used the pressure cooker again today after a long hiatus to cook Mediterranean chicken stew.
Ingredients used - boneless chicken thighs, pumpkin, sweet potato, tomatoes, shimeji mushroom, large onions, garlic, herbs and spices, black pepper, and tomato puree.