My Favorite Healthy Dessert: Chia Seed Pudding

One of my go-to healthy desserts is chia seed pudding, which I enjoy every other day. It’s a simple, delicious, and nutritious way to satisfy my sweet tooth. My favorite version is made with coconut milk and palm sugar. With 3 to 4 tablespoons of soaked chia seeds, I mix in a squirt of trim coconut milk and drizzle it with Gula Melaka (palm sugar) syrup. On other days, I switch things up by adding soaked chia seeds to a bowl of skinny yogurt, which is sugar- and additive-free with a squirt of palm sugar syrup. For a creamier texture, I sometimes add a spoonful or two of Greek yogurt to the bowl of skinny yogurt. On days when I am too busy to enjoy my chia seed dessert, I will quickly stir in two tablespoons of soaked chia seeds into my morning beverage of organic almond milk with flax seeds meal.


Why Chia Seeds Are So Healthy

Chia seeds are a true superfood, packed with nutrients despite their tiny size. They are an excellent source of fiber, which helps prevent constipation by promoting regular bowel movements. The fiber also aids digestion and keeps you feeling full for longer, making chia seeds great for weight management. Additionally, chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which support heart health, and they contain important minerals like calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, essential for bone health. Plus, they’re a good source of plant-based protein.

This simple chia seed pudding is tasty and provides a powerful health boost, keeping my digestion smooth and my body energized. Whether paired with coconut milk or yogurt or added to my healthy beverage, chia seeds make a versatile and satisfying dessert!


Simple chia seeds pudding - soaked chia seeds with trim coconut milk and Gula Melaka syrup. Mix everything up and enjoy it chilled. This tastes like sago pudding with coconut milk and Gula Melaka syrup.