Sleepless Nights with Haru

Last night was another one of those nights where sleep evaded me, thanks to Haru. Though it doesn’t happen frequently, it does happen. 

In the wee hours of this morning, she persistently meowed outside my bedroom door. I tried to ignore it, but after several minutes of her insistent calls, I eventually caved in and opened the door to let her in.

Once inside, she made herself comfortable by jumping onto my bed. This has happened more than a few times now, and I’m still trying to figure out whether she’s just hungry or if her meowing is her way of checking to ensure I’m still alive and well. 

After settling on the bed, Haru began scratching at my blanket. I stopped her immediately, knowing exactly what she wanted—to crawl under the blanket to be nearer to me. It’s sweet, but I have reasons for being uncomfortable with this. As much as I love Haru, I’m allergic to her fur, and having her nestled under the covers with me would only worsen my allergies.

She seemed a bit disappointed when I didn’t let her under the blanket, but she stayed on the bed for a short while before eventually jumping off and walking out of the room. I felt a little guilty as she left, but I know I have to draw boundaries when it comes to sleep.  She walked away perhaps she was convinced that I was still alive 😺

As a cat owner, I adore Haru’s company and her little quirks, but when it comes to bedtime, I just can’t relax knowing she’s on the bed, especially under the blanket. I’ll always cherish our moments together, but for the sake of a good night’s sleep and my health, I’ll have to keep working on finding a balance!


My soul cat likes to sit on this stool near the bathroom and wait for me to come out.